The Evolution of Online Retail
For too long, online retail has been little more than a virtual version of the high street. But Evode believes that online retail should offer more than convenience and easy price comparisons.
Imagine a world where every brand, every character, every quote, every colour and every size is available on every product to everyone, wherever they are in the world. A world where products are manufactured locally to the consumer and not transported thousands of miles. And a company committed to developing the digital innovation which is already turning this vision into reality.
Choice, customisation and personalisation are at the heart of Evode, and allow consumers to create something truly unique. From Merchmaker's official branded merchandise, customised by the customer, to Choosey's printed greetings cards that play a video message, Evode utilises digital technology to push retail boundaries.
From Virtual to Actual
Who wants to incur the costs of warehouses stacked with unsold stock? In Evode's world, nothing exists until ordered. Only then does the product move from virtual to actual, and the order is submitted to our global network of manufacturers for creation and fulfilment. Utilising advanced print technology, the customer’s design is printed at the nearest local supplier on the highest quality merchandise and shipped within 48 hours.
Merchmaker acquires the licensing rights for global entertainment and sports brands, to produce official apparel, accessories and homewares for consumers.
As each product is printed on demand, Merchmaker can offer an extensive product range featuring designs for every age and taste. These can be customised by the customer, by colour or size, and personalised with a brand quote or message.
Choosey entered the personalised greetings card market with a unique twist – printed cards that play a video when scanned.
In addition to written messages, consumers can personalise cards by uploading a personal video which prints in the card as a QR code. When the code is scanned the video plays as if inside the card.
Evode has created retail environments with unprecedented levels of customisation, to bring true choice to consumers. Rather than ranges limited to the most popular Print On Demand means any product, any design, any colour, any size.
Merchmaker is the official licensing partner of global entertainment and sporting brands. This allows our creatives to use the brand’s own asset libraries of images and logos, and the authority to create new artworks for use on our official products.
Merchmaker’s personalisation functionality allows official products to be personalised with a message that’s truly personal to the customer.
Our licensors have entrusted us to produce quality merchandise which is industry-leading. To deliver this, our production team have built a network of suppliers who manufacture our products to the highest standard.
Merchmaker can integrate its retail store onto any publisher platform, connecting manufacturers and licensors with retailers and consumers. Publishers get to sell products on their website without the expense of their own order fulfilment systems, and monetise their site's traffic with audience relevant merchandise.
Fans are excited by original designs from their favourite brands. So our designers work closely with each brand to create new designs and customisation options for every taste. As each product is printed to order, fans receive a custom made product.
The Benefits of Evode's Print on Demand Model
In today’s digital world, consumers expect more choice and want designs that resonate with them, not the wholesaler. Print on demand puts the customer in control with a vast choice of design/product combinations, and the facility to customise and personalise.
- Merchmaker and Choosey harness next generation customisation, delivering more choice and satisfaction.
- No stock restrictions means licensors can expand their portfolio to reach a larger audience.
- Licensors and consumers love the personalisation opportunities afforded by Evode Group's print on demand systems
- Retailers can offer products previously perceived as too risky for upfront bulk purchases.
- No stock means lower overheads. No upfront costs. No unsold stock. No wastage.
- Merchmaker allows online publishers the chance to integrate official branded merchandise from their website, without having to acquire the licenses themselves or develop the range.
- Merchmaker enables smaller, niche producers who deliver specialist services not offered by bulk manufacturers to grow their business by order fulfilment for a global network of retailers and publishers.
- Environmentally friendly, the use of local manufacturers reduces air miles and wastage.
- Cashflow is strong. As costs are only incurred for goods upon receipt of payment from the consumer, there is limited financial exposure.